If a child is in immediate danger please call 999
Welcome to the website for the Local Safeguarding Partnership (BSCP) for Barnet. The site aims to inform professionals, parents, carers and, most importantly, children and young people, about the work of the partnership.
At the heart of our vision for the Barnet safeguarding children partnership is the concept of Resilient Families and Resilient Children. Our ambition is to drive forward a strong partnership that enables children and families to thrive and achieve.
Barnet Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) is a statutory body established under the Children Act 2004. It is independently chaired and consists of senior representatives of all the principle stakeholders who work together to safeguard children and young people.
To co-ordinate and ensure the effectiveness of what is done by each agency for the purpose of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in Barnet. We aim to do this by:
Co-ordinating local work through:
- Developing robust policies and procedures both locally and with Pan London LSCBs.
- Participating in the planning of services for children in Barnet.
- Deliver multi-agency training in the protection and care of children ensuring that it is effective and evaluated regularly for impact on management and practice.
- Communicating the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and explaining how this can be done.
- Ensuring that the lived experience of children is central to developing safeguarding priorities.
Ensuring the effectiveness of that work through:
- Listening to children, families and practitioners in the effectiveness of service provision.
- Monitoring what is done by partner agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Undertaking Serious Case Reviews and other multi-agency case reviews and sharing learning opportunities.
- Evaluating the impact of multiagency training and other learning emerging from the safeguarding partnership activities.
- Collecting and analysing information about child deaths.
- Publishing an annual report on the effectiveness of local safeguarding arrangements in Barnet.
The website contains information about a variety of the aspects of our work including training and guidance/ advice. It has sections giving information about how to ensure the safety of children and young people. It is a tool designed to raise awareness and highlight how we can all work together. Please remember that "safeguarding children is everyone's business".
I hope you find the website and its contents useful and any feedback is most welcome.