Quick Exit

The Barnet Safeguarding Children Partnership

Worried about a child

If a child is in immediate danger please call 999

If you suspect that a child or young person is being harmed or is at risk of being harmed then you have a duty to report it immediately.

The Barnet MASH stands for Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub and acts a single point of contact for children in need of additional support and/or protection. Within the MASH is a partnership of professionals from a range of agencies including the police, health, education, children's social care, early help, substance misuse, housing, probation and domestic violence services who work together to share provide the right help and support first time.

Please contact the MASH below to report any safeguarding issues or concerns you may have about a child. You can also make a referral online here

Email: MASH@barnet.gov.uk

Telephone: 020 8359 4066

Walk in: Children and families can 'walk in' to the Council and ask to see a children's social worker any time Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm.

2 Bristol Avenue
Colindale NW9 4EW

Together, we can tackle child abuse.

  • All children have a right to be safe and should be protected from all forms of abuse and neglect
  • Anything you notice can help a child at risk. We all have a role to play in protecting children and young people from child abuse and neglect
  • Last year nearly 400,000 children in England were supported because someone noticed they needed help.
    • To help protect a child or young person look out for changes in their Appearance, Behaviour and Communication (A B C)
  • It’s up to all of us to keep children safe. Many people do not act because they’re worried about being wrong. You don’t have to be absolutely certain; if you’re concerned a child is being abused or their safety is at risk, speak to someone
  • Report it anonymously to your local council, NSPCC or the police who can provide the support a child may need
  • Information is gathered from many sources, and your report forms part of a bigger picture. Reporting your concerns to your local council, NSPCC, or the police, could provide the missing piece of information that is needed to keep a child safe.

Child abuse. If you think it, report it. Contact Barnet MASH.


Have your say...

Comments are closed for this article