If a child is in immediate danger please call 999
Welcome to the Barnet Safeguarding Children Partnership website.
Our aim is to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in Barnet, and to achieve this we work collectively to improve safeguarding practice and respond to local issues.
We welcome professionals, volunteers, parents, carers, and - most importantly - children and young people to our website. We hope the different sections help you to understand our work and provide useful information about local services and how to tackle abuse and neglect.
Our vision is to enable children, young people and families to thrive and achieve, and a core part of our approach is to foster resilience. We aim to create a Family Friendly Borough, a place where children and young people excel and enjoy living.
We bring together a broad spectrum of organisations in Barnet who work with children and young people and our new board structure has allowed us to collaborate more effectively with a range of partners. We strive to work closely with children and young people, as well as practitioners and volunteers in Barnet, to hear their views and experiences and use this to shape our priorities.
Our purpose is to support and enable local organisations and agencies to work together in a system where:
- children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted
- partner organisations and agencies collaborate, share and co-own the vision for how to achieve improved outcomes for vulnerable children
- organisations and agencies challenge appropriately and hold one another to account effectively
- there is early identification and analysis of new safeguarding issues and emerging threats
- learning is promoted and embedded in a way that local services for children and families can become more reflective and implement changes to practice which are shaped by the experiences and concerns of Barnet children and families
- information is shared effectively to facilitate more accurate and timely decision making for children and families.
The statutory safeguarding partners in Barnet
Kay Matthews Director of Quality, North Central London Clinical Commissioning Group
John Hooton Chief Executive, London Borough of Barnet
Barry Loader Detective Superintendent, Head of Safeguarding, North West Basic Command Unit, Metropolitan Police Service
We coordinate our activities through our board structure which involves all our local partners. To find out more about what we do, please take a look at our annual reports and multi-agency safeguarding arrangements.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you, if you have any questions, suggestions or comments about the work of Barnet Safeguarding Children Partnership please drop us an email at email@example.com.